How to prepare for your family session:
ITS BEST TO PLAN YOUR OUTFITS IN ADVANCE SO YOU ARENT STRESSING AT THE LAST MINUTE!
1. STICK TO EARTHY & NATURAL COLORS. THESE COLORS GO BEST WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING ESPECIALLY IN A NATURE SETTING.
THINK ABOUT COLORS THAT COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER. KEEP IT SIMPLE!
2. BE COMFORTABLE - MAKE SURE YOU’VE TRIED ON YOUR CLOTHES BEFORE HAND AND MOVED AROUND IN THEM COMFORTABLY. YOU DON’T WANT TO BE CONSTANTLY ADJUSTING ANYTHING! YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO MOVE AROUND FREELY AND FEEL GOOD. USUALLY I WILL TELL YOU TO DITCH THE SHOES!
3. FLOWY MAXI DRESSES WORK BEAUTIFULLY ON WOMEN AND GIRLS, EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT USUALLY A MAXI DRESS KIND OF PERSON - THEY SHOW MOTION AND MOVE WITH YOU AS OPPOSED TO STAYING RIGID WHICH PHOTOGRAPHS REALLY BEAUTIFULLY. MAXI DRESSES ALSO WORK GREAT WITH LITTLE KIDS, THERE ARE SO MANY PROMPTS I CAN USE WITH KIDS PLAYING IN THE SKIRT OF MUMS DRESS, OR EVEN USING IT AS A BIT OF A BLANKET TO SIT ON :)
4. THIS IS AN UNSPOKEN RULE, NO LOGOS OR WORDS - STAY TIMELESS BY AVOIDING WORDS AND LOGOS THAT WILL DATE THE IMAGES AND JUST LOOK TACKY.
IT IS A GREAT IDEA TO MAKE SURE THE KIDS HAVE BEEN FED PRIOR TO THE SESSION TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE IN A GOOD MOOD, BRING SOME SNACKS FOR THE CAR IF YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL FAR :)
Here are some Inso photos:
What happens if the weather is bad?
Every day of a shoot I am constantly checking the weather radars to make sure the session goes as planned. Photos during 100km winds or pouring down rain won't be ideal for me or you so I will always allow a reschedule!
Do you travel?
Yes I can travel to you if you have an ideal location you want to the session done at like your home or family property.
I live in Port Stephens and shoot most of my outdoor sessions at the beaches here! But if you have a spot you think will be perfect definitely let me know!
Maternity Session Guide
I personally have been loving maternity sessions that are a focus on the bump!
Lets NOT cover it up with a big flowy dress. Lets make sure the belly is out and capture some beautiful natural images. Here in the bay I love to do maternity sessions in the water. The water maternity sessions connect to nature is such a beautiful way.
Outfits I love for maternity sessions:
- Jeans & Bra / bikini top (jeans don't have to do up)
- Bra & undies / or bikini
- Full nude (covering all the private parts) - these look amazing. Usually do this at the end of the session.
- Kimono or dress that is open at the front to still see the bump
- undies & oversized shirt
These are just my ideas of what I know looks great!
Let me know if you need any help with what to wear.